The budget for this year (April 2021 - March 2022)
Note: The precept report includes 3 options, council decided at the January 2021 Meeting to adopt option 1 and to modify the budget accordingly
As a public body, Woodford cum Membris Parish Council is required to publish its accounts and to provide access to bills, receipts and other documents relating to the accounts.
Every year the Council prepares a budget which shows expected income and expenditure. The Parish receives the bulk of its income (over 85%) from the “Precept”, an amount included by Daventry District Council in your Council Tax.
Other income comes from hire fees for village venues, burial fees, allotment rentals and grants. Last year the Parish Council spent over £240,000 on local services and amenities.
Some of the documents on this page (principally Council Audits and the annual Financial Statement) are not available in accessible versions because they have been generated in image form or contain handwritten content and signatures. These documents are marked with an *.
If you need access to these documents please contact the Parish Clerk
Each year Parish Councils like Woodford cum Membris have to prepare an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) which is reviewed by an external auditor.
Your Council spent over £240,000 in 2020-21 and manages over £3.9 million in community assets (such as the Woodland, the Village Centre and the Memorial Hall).
Although each month’s Parish Council expenditure statement (included in the Minutes of Council Meetings) let you see how your local taxes are spent in the village, these accounts summarise the picture and provide details such as loan repayments and the balance of assets held.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
The AGAR contains:
- The notice of Public Rights and publication of unaudited accountability and governance return for the year ended 31st March 2021.
- A summary of your rights in respect of the accounts of the Parish Council.
- Section 1, the annual Governance Statement.
- Section 2, the Accounting Statement for 2020-21
- The Parish Council’s balance sheet, notes to the accounts and a summary of the principal assets held by the Council, together with a summary of income and expenditure for the year.
Once the accounts have been audited, the details will also be posted.