Advice & Help

With Your Problems

A number of organisations can help with personal problems, legal problems, financial concexigMoM8rTrns or difficulties in dealing with government. You can find out more about some of them here:-

  • Citizens Advice
  • Money Advice Service
  • Carers UK
  • Relate UK

You can also find details of healthcare support groups here on the Signpost

Citizens Advice offer free, impartial advice and help. They have offices in Banbury and in Daventry offering a drop-in service and advice appointments. You can telephone Banbury on 03444 111 444 or Daventry on 03444 88 9629 (local call costs apply). You can also access the CAB’s help information base on-line here:  opens in a new or reach the Citizens Advice Web Sites for  opens in a new windowBanbury  and  opens in a new windowDaventry.

Money Advice Service is a Government run service offering free and impartial advice on banking, saving, budgeting, insurance and credit cards. They offer on-line self help tools, telephone advice and web chats. You can call them on 0300 500 5000 (local call cost) or reach them on the web here:  opens in a new

Carers UK is a charity that offers support to the 6.5 million carers across the UK. They provide information sheets on issues like Attendance Allowance, Bedroom Tax, Benefit Cap, Bereavement, Care Standards and the CQC, for example, and provide telephone advice. You can call them on 0808 808 7777 (freephone call) or opens in a new windowvisit their web site.

Relate UK provides support for relationships, offering counselling and advice for individuals, couples and families. Their services include Relationship Counselling for individuals and couples, Family Counselling, Mediation, Children and Young People’s Counselling and Sex Therapy. We also provide friendly and informal workshops for people at important stages in their relationships. You can reach them in Banbury, Rugby or Northampton, by phone on 0300100 12334 (local call rate) or at opens in a new windowtheir web site here.